12 Ways to Use Canva in Your Coaching Business
If you want to create eye-catching graphics, PDF’s, slide deck presentations and more, Canva is a great choice! They make it super easy by giving you tons of templates from which to choose, so you don’t need to be a graphic designer to make something beautiful.
We have been using Canva in our own businesses for years, and we want to make sure you know about it too.
If you aren’t sure how Canva can help you, and you want to learn just some of what you can do with it, this episode is for you.
In this week’s episode of The Wellness Business Podcast, you’ll discover:
- 12 ways you can use Canva in your coaching business to create beautiful and professional graphics, guides and presentations
- The most underutilized tool within the platform that can save you money in your business each month
- Where you can get free training videos about how to use each tool within the platform, so you get faster and faster each time
Tune in to find out how you can best utilize Canva in your coaching business, to save time, money and stand out online.
What is Canva?
Canva is a free-to-use online graphic design tool. It’s very user friendly and with over 100,000 templates, you can create something beautiful and attention-grabbing even if you have zero design skills.
There are a couple of options to choose from with this online tool.
The free version is a great way to get started and offers lots of options for your business. Karen used the free version in her business for the first 8 years. It’s only been the last couple of years that she’s upgraded to the paid version.
The paid version is still very inexpensive at $12.99 per month or $120/year.
The paid version, allows you to do more customizing such as instant resizing, which is nice when you want the same graphic resized for Facebook, Instagram, and Instagram Stories. The paid version also gives you access to thousands of stock photos which makes it quick and easy
One thing most coaches don’t know about Canva is that you can also schedule your social media content to 8 platforms.
The nice thing about using Canva is that you can create graphics in any size (static posts, stories, covers for Reels, etc.). You can use their custom templates that are pre-sized perfectly for the particular application you want or you can create a custom size based on your needs. The sky is the limit when it comes to customization.
Okay, now let’s dive into all the ways coaches, just like you, are using Canva.
- Graphics for every part of your business – social media graphics, newsletter graphics,
- E-books – free and paid
- Vouchers / Coupons / Certificates
- Presentations / Slide decks
- Present slide decks directly from the Canva platform
- Business Cards
- PDF’s – free downloads, handouts, checklists, resource guides
- Coaching program workbooks/worksheets
- Logo design
- Cover images for your Facebook groups, Facebook business page, website header
- Social media planning and scheduling – so if you’re using a scheduler like Planoly or Later you could cancel that subscription and just use the Pro version of Canva
There are so many applications which makes Canva one of the best tools out there for any business.
The last thing we wanted to share is that you can find hundreds of tutorial videos about how to use Canva on YouTube. There are even free training videos on how to use the social media content planner and scheduler which is super helpful if you’ve never done it before.
We hope this episode was helpful and gave you some new ideas for using this amazing online design tool!