Maximizing Your Online Reach: Strategies for Amplifying Your Content
Maximizing your online reach is essential for getting your content in front of a larger audience to reach more people. When your content can be seen by more folks, it gives you the chance to grow your following, build trust and rapport, while you also grow your email list and enroll more clients. It all starts with your content.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How to leverage other people’s audience to get in front new ideal clients
- Ideas for repurposing your content to save time and reach more people
- The quickest way to grow your email list while also boosting your credibility and visibility
- And more
If you want to increase your visibility online and reach more people, tune in to find out 5 of our top tips to get you started.
Reaching as many people as possible is important but you don’t want to reach just ANY people; you want to get in front of more of your ideal clients – the people who want to learn from you and work with you. Attracting your ideal clients online starts with knowing who you want to help and what goal you help them achieve or what problem you help them solve. Once you’re clear about that, how do you reach as many people as possible?
That’s what we’re going to be talking about today which is Maximizing Your Online Reach: Strategies for Amplifying Your Content. If you’re trying to figure out your niche, we have a great episode to refer you to which is #216 where we covered 3 Simple Steps to Nail Your Niche as a Health Coach This is step one in marketing your business, so it’s not something you want to skip over.
Let’s dive in!
Maximizing your online reach is essential for getting your content in front of a larger audience to reach more people.
We’re going to share 5 strategies to help you do just that.
1. Leverage other people’s audiences. Getting in front of other people’s audiences is one of the best and quickest ways accomplish this. One way to do this is to be a guest on blogs like MindBodyGreen or any blogs of colleagues you know who have a similar audience. Maybe you know a personal trainer or physical therapist whose audience can benefit from your area of specialty. Reach out to them if they have a blog and see if they would be interested in having you share some helpful information with their audience. They will typically promote the blog to their audience which helps you get in front of more people, and you would share it with your audience which helps you with your social proof and level of authority. This is also a benefit to the other person because they’ll be getting exposure to your audience as well. This is a great way to network and collaborate. I did something similar to this when I was a guest speaker for Practice Better back in July. I was invited as a guest to present a webinar topic, so they promoted it to their audience and I promoted it to mine – so it was a win-win. You can also reach more people by being a guest on podcasts. We covered how to get booked on podcasts way back on episode 89, so be sure to check that out where we share our insider secrets with you.
2. Repurpose your content. We talk about this quite a bit on the podcast, but it can be overlooked. Use one piece of content in multiple formats. For example, turn a blog post into a video or a podcast episode, then also break it up into social media posts This way, you can reach audiences with different content preferences. We do this for the podcast each week – we have the podcast as our main form of content, and we also use it for our blog posts, social media posts, emails AND reels or stories. So, this one format of content – is used 3 – 5 other ways each week. Decide which will be your main content medium, and what are other ways you can use it.
Content format options include:
Every time you create one piece of content, ask yourself how else you can use it.
3. Host an online summit. While this is way more involved as far as the time involved and the tech, it is hands down the quickest way to grow your email list and get in front of brand-new people. It’s also a phenomenal way to network with colleagues and even meet new ones when you ask your summit guests for recommendations for other people who may be interested in being on the summit. If you have a summit with 10 speakers and each one had an email list of 5,000 people, that’s 50,000 people you can get in front of from one event. I’ve seen summits that have as many as 25 speakers, so imagine how many new people you can reach. There are companies and virtual assistants who specialize in handling most of the tech and logistics stuff, so if this interests you, see if you can find a recommendation for a VA who helps people run summits.
4. Consistency. This applies to pretty much everything in business, but consistency with your content is important. Decide on a schedule that works for you. If you can’t post 5-7 days a week, commit to 2 or 3. Same with emailing your subscribers, if you can’t do weekly, stick with bi-weekly. If you want to stay top of mind, people need to see your content on a regular basis – whatever that looks like for you. Be realistic, so you can remain consistent rather than being sporadic.
5. Run Facebook ads. While the first 4 tips we shared were free, there are times when you may want to invest in paid ads to reach more people. Karen and I do this when we are promoting a webinar or challenge, so we can let as many people as possible know about it. You can run ads to grow your email list too, and for that you would have a free resource to promote and your ad would share who the resource is for and how it will help them, and the link where they can sign up to get it. The benefit of running ads is that you can reach more people, and it can be running behind the scenes 24/7. It takes some time to learn how to run ads, but if it’s something you want to do, we think it’s worth learning or outsourcing it to someone who can run them for you.
Let’s recap the 5 ways to maximize your online reach:
- Leverage other people’s audiences.
- Repurpose your content.
- Host an online summit.
- Run Facebook ads.
Which of these options appeal to you the most right now? You can choose more than one too – you can run ads while you’re also repurposing content and leveraging other people’s audiences.