Whether you already have your own Facebook group or you want to start one, I’m sure you’d love to know how to market and fill your Facebook group. After all, if you’re going to use this as a marketing strategy, you want to have as many of your ideal clients inside your group as possible, right?
Since Facebook groups allow to reach people on a much more personal level than your Facebook page, having a community where people can come together can be a really powerful realationship-building tool. Your group gives people the chance to know you and discover who you are and what you’re about which makes the transition from prospect to paying client easier.
On this episode, Karen puts ME in the hot seat and continues the conversation about using Facebook Groups for your wellness business. You’ll learn simple strategies on how to market your Facebook Group and fill it with your ideal clients.
You’ll also discover the top mistakes to avoid, as well as how to sell in your group without coming off as salesy or pushy.
Here are Kathleen’s 8 Tips to Market and Fill your Facebook Group (listen to the podcast for more details and examples):
1. Post about your group on ALL of your social media platforms, explain the benefits of joining and who exactly the group is for. Posts that include an image tend to get more reach, so include the image of your group cover image, or another graphic that represents what your group is about (or who it’s for).
2. Invite your current email subscribers to join your new group. Include a link to the group so it’s easy for them to click and join right away.
3. Add a tab on your website that takes them directly to your Facebook Group where they can request to join. This tab can simply say “Facebook Group.”
4. Use your thank you pages as an invitation to your group. Once someone has opted in to your freebie, include a link to your Facebook group where you invite them into your community and group.
5. Create a Facebook post about your group and pin it to the top of your Facebook business page. This way, the top post on your business page is an invitation to join your group (this is the first post people will see when they go to your page).
6. Use the power of Facebook Live to invite viewers to join your group. They’re already on Facebook, so they don’t have to click out of the platform and it doesn’t feel like a sales push. Each livestream should only have 1 call to action, so every now and then make that call to action be about joining your Facebook Group!
7. Include a link to your Facebook Group in your blog posts or in your newsletters. Invite them to the group at the end of a blog post or newsletter with an eye catching image that gets them intrigued about joining your group.
8. Run Facebook ads promoting your Facebook Group. You’ll have to create a post on your business page and then boost that particular post. You do want to define who you want to show that ad to so it only pops up for your target audience, so be sure to select the audience you want to see your ad.
Listen to episode 26 for more details, and find out the exact steps you can take to market and fill your own Facebook group.
Resources and Links mentioned on the show:
Subscribe and listen to The Wellness Business Podcast on your favorite platform!
In this episode, Karen and Kathleen chat with Angie Jones, of Healthy Angie about how using the Facebook Livestream feature has completely changed her business. Angie discussed her overall strategy, how she prepares, and the added benefits she’s noticed after using Facebook Live.
Angie’s Overall Strategy
- Just do it! Don’t be afraid of going live. Your streams don’t have to be perfect, it’s all about being yourself. Worst case scenario, delete it afterwards!
- Be consistent when it comes to your live streams. Try and find a day or time each week and stick with it.
- Promote it ahead of time. This is when I’ll be live streaming, and this is what I’ll talk about. Promoting it ahead of time lets your followers know when to tune in AND holds you accountable to follow through.
- Don’t worry about how many people join in on the live portion of your video.
- Repurpose the content! That one video can turn into a weekly email, a weekly blog post, and be shared across various social media pages, keeping your business in your customer’s minds.
How to Prepare:
- Know your opening line. You only have a few seconds to capture the attention of a potential customer. Know your opening hook and have it prepared.
- Have an outline nearby to guide you. Place any products or props you want to show in the area ahead of time.
- Don’t rehearse too much, it’s not about being perfect, but about being you!
- Know your closer and your call to action, the ending is just as important as the beginning.,
- Remember your video will have two audiences, the live audience and the replay audience. Make yourself accessible to both.
- Gaining self confidence in who you are and what you stand for.
- Client’s reaching out more often via message or email, they have a better feeling for who Angie is now and are more comfortable reaching out to her.
- Angie’s email list has more than doubled!
Weekly Action Items:
- Download your FREE Facebook Live Stream Checklist.
- Take Angie’s lead and create a live stream for your business this week.