The Power of Surveys and Polls to Create Content Your Audience Craves
Surveys and polls can be a great way to find out what your audience is interested in the most, so you can create free content that builds connection, and paid content (your coaching programs) they’re excited about.
It’s easy to follow an idea of something you think your audience might be interested in, but without doing a little research first, it’s a bit of a guessing game. It’s disappointing when you share content that you’ve been working on, and your audience doesn’t respond or show any interest. We’re sharing how you can avoid this happening.
In this episode you will discover:
- The importance of surveying your audience before creating any new content for your health coaching clients, to ensure that your content aligns with their preferences
- The easiest ways to get feedback and input from your audience
- Why surveying your audience not only helps shape your free content but also leads your paid program creation by understanding your clients’ challenges, interests, and preferred program features
We are firm believers that before you should create any new content for your dream clients, whether that’s a free download or paid program content, you should first survey your audience to see what it is they really want.
Here’s how you can incorporate this strategy into your content creation process.
First, and most importantly, be sure that the audience you are surveying is one that is made up of your dream clients. Having anyone else give their opinion by voting just skews the results. The best audience you can have is either 1) your email list or 2) your own private Facebook group. These are the people that will share the most relevant information and are the warmest leads for you and your content.
Polling your following on social media is also a great option but remember, it has the potential to be a little more general depending on the type of information you share to attract your audience. This is still a great option though so be sure to take advantage of it.
Next up, it’s important to know what specific feedback you’re looking for, so your questions provide the best feedback. If you’re doing a poll in your Facebook group to find out what topics interest them the most for your next livestream, provide a few options, and also allow people to add their own suggestions. Oftentimes, you’ll get suggestions you hadn’t considered, so it can be really helpful to get other recommendations.
Your Survey Questions
Here are examples for questions you can use in your surveys to get great insights about what they want to learn more about and what type of content they like to consume.
- What health topics are you most interested in learning about or receiving guidance on when it comes to _____________(insert your area of expertise)? (e.g., sugar cravings, weight loss over 40, stress management, sleep, menopause, etc.)
- How do you prefer to consume health-related content? (e.g., articles, videos, podcasts, infographics, short social media posts)
- What are your biggest challenges or obstacles when it comes to dealing with _____________(insert your area of expertise)? (e.g., sugar cravings, weight loss over 40, stress management, sleep, menopause, etc.)
- Are you interested in receiving healthy recipes or meal planning tips? If yes, what type of recipes or meal plans would you like to see? (e.g., vegan, gluten-free, quick and easy, etc.)
- How frequently would you like to receive health coaching content from me? (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
- Are there any specific areas of your health you would like more guidance on? (e.g., weight management, hormone balance, gut health)
- Do you have any preferred formats for interactive content, such as quizzes, challenges, or worksheets, resource guides, checklists, to support your health journey?
- Is there anything else you would like to share or suggest regarding the type of health coaching content you would find valuable?
Social Media Poll Questions
- Which health topics are you most interested in learning about related to __________ (insert your area of specialty)? a) Nutrition and meal planning b) Exercise and fitness routines c) Stress management and mindfulness d) Mental health and self-care e) Other (please specify)
- What type of content format do you prefer for health-related tips and guidance? a) Written articles or blog posts b) Informative videos c) Engaging infographics d) Interactive quizzes or polls
- How often would you like to see health coaching content from me on social media? a) Daily b) 2-3 times per week c) Weekly
- What length of content do you prefer on social media platforms? a) Short and concise (1-2 paragraphs) b) Medium length (3-5 paragraphs) c) Longer form (full articles or in-depth posts)
- How do you prefer to engage with my health coaching content on social media? a) Liking and commenting on posts b) Sharing with others c) Saving posts for future reference d) Participating in challenges or interactive activities e) Other (please specify)
- Would you like me to include success stories or testimonials from clients in my content? a) Yes, please share inspiring stories b) No, I don’t find that inspiring c) Occasionally is good with me
- Are there any specific health-related myths or misconceptions you would like me to address and debunk in my content?
- Is there anything else you would like to suggest or share regarding the type of health coaching content you would find valuable on social media
Coaching Program Content Questions
- I’m thinking about creating a new program on the topic of ______________ and I’d love your input whether you would be interested in learning more about that with me as your coach. a) Yes, I would love a program on that topic. b) No, I’m not interested. c) Possibly, I would need more information to know for sure.
- How long have you been dealing with your _______________ symptoms and how frustrating are they for you on a daily basis? a) Super frustrating and I can’t wait to find a solution. b) Annoying but I’m managing things on my own. c) Not frustrating at all.
- If you’ve tried other programs in the past, what was your experience?
- If I decide to create this program in the future, what would it be worth to you to finally solve your ______________ challenges once and for all while being supported and guided by an experienced coach? a) $97 – $197 – a DIY program with no coaching services, b) $197 – $397 – a DIY program with live Q&A’s to get questions answered, c) $397 – $797 – a step by step program with live coaching calls, d) $797+ a step by step program with private coaching calls.
5) Recap info
Surveys and polls are a way to open up the lines of communication between you and your followers so you can dial in on exactly what they want to learn from you in your free content as well as your paid content. Take these questions and make them your own. Start by doing polls on social and then create a more robust survey using something like Google Forms. Each poll or survey you create gets you one step closer to knowing what your clients want to learn from you.