Is the Fear of Failure Holding You Back?
Did you know that fear of failure could actually be holding you back from building your coaching business? Fear can manifest as imposter syndrome that leads to all kinds of limiting beliefs around whether you are good enough or deserving enough to be successful.
It may help you to know that if you are feeling fearful about some aspect of your business or level of success, you are not alone, and this feeling is not exclusive to health coaches. Most people feel some level of fear or self-doubt when they are taking on new ventures because it pushes out of our comfort zone.
In this episode of The Wellness Business Podcast, you’ll discover:
- 5 ways to overcome fear and limiting beliefs so you will never become stuck in your business
- The top 5 fear-based topics that you can fall into that leave you feeling unsure of what is the next best decision to make
- A single mindset shift that will have you instantly reframing your beliefs around your purpose and skills when it comes to serving your clients
Let’s dive into 5 ways to overcome fear to get unstuck:
1. The first and most important step you need take is identify your fear and why you are afraid of it coming true.
Limiting beliefs are often rooted in fear of failure, so if you can figure out the reason for the fear, it’s easier to tame it.
2. The next step is to take responsibility for your decision. Even when you are avoiding making a choice you are actually making a decision. A lack of action is still action and while it may feel like you are being passive and not responsible for the outcome you are actually creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of not moving forward and delaying your success. Choosing to make a decision and own the responsibility no matter how it turns out is a skill you should build as a business owner.
3. The next step is to release the need for certainty before you can make a decision. Why is overcoming limiting beliefs so difficult? The answer is that we all crave certainty. Wouldn’t it be nice if building your wellness business came with an instruction manual that guaranteed you wouldn’t fail? That would be sweet wouldn’t it? But that’s not how it works.
What we tell our clients is that there is never a right decision. It’s always just you ‘next best’ decision based on the information you currently have. Then as you get more information you can make new and better decisions.
4. The next step is to change the way you talk to yourself. Your limiting beliefs can sometimes occur deep in your subconscious, but more often than not, it is negative self-talk that’s telling you why you can’t, don’t want to, or must not do something. That is just your brain trying to keep you in your comfort zone. To build a successful business you will need to get out of your comfort zone.
5. The final step is to upgrade your “Ride or Die” group. Entrepreneurship is challenge. If it was easy everyone would be doing it so that means the non-entrepreneurs far outweigh the entrepreneurs by a significant number.
If you find yourself sharing your dreams and business goals with friends and family that fall into the ‘negative Nancy’ crowd you may need to update the crowd you spend time with. We both have people that are business supporters, (like we have each other), and then we have our friends and family that don’t know anything about our businesses and we’re okay with that. Surround yourself with people that will lift you up in your business not bring you down.
Our goal for this episode is to help you eliminate fear from your day-to-day life. Whatever is holding you back in your business just make the next best decision you can right now based on the information that you have. Then move on. Trust your intuition. When the next decision needs to be made you’ll have more information and be better prepared to make your choice.
We believe in you!