Supercharging Your List Building: 5 Vital Elements for High-Converting Freebies
If you have created a free resource to grow your email list and it’s not getting the number of leads you had hoped for, or you’re getting ready to create a brand-new free offer, it’s important to know the 5 vital elements needed for a high-converting freebie. This week on The Wellness Business Podcast we’re sharing the 5 elements you need to know, so you can attract more of your ideal clients and grow an email list full of quality leads.
In this episode you’ll discover…
- The 4 ‘sweet-spot’ details to pay attention to when creating a new free offer that will make it a gotta-have it resource for your dream clients
- The 5 vital elements that every high-converting freebie must have that makes it irresistible in any chosen format
- Why designing a freebie that is niche-specific and highly valuable, (vs. general health information), is a game-changer for attracting the right people that are perfect for your paid program
One of the lessons we teach inside the Wellness Business Accelerator program is called – Create the Perfect Lead Magnet & Landing Page to Attract Your Ideal Clients. Many of our students think they have a pretty good freebie already, but quite often once they go through the lesson, they can make it even better by focusing on the ideal client they want to attract. That’s the beauty of having two experienced coaches working side-by-side with you through this program.
In fact, here’s what one coach had to say after completing this lesson and implementing the process we teach:
Once we help coaches improve the positioning and messaging of their lead magnet, their email list quickly starts to grow with all of the right type of potential clients, which become warm leads.
We will be opening the doors to the Wellness Business Accelerator again this fall, and you can be among the first to be notified by joining the VIP waitlist here.
First, it’s important to point out that any free offer or lead magnet creation needs to have a sweet spot and that sweet spot starts at the intersection of these 3 specific details.
- Grabbing the attention of the right people so they will immediately say yes this is for me, or no this is not for me.
- Includes information that is perceived as valuable – meaning that it is promising a specific outcome so they know exactly what they are signing up for and what they can expect when they subscribe, rather than a general health topic that could be appropriate for almost anyone.
- Gives next step action items to move the subscriber forward – so you don’t leave them hanging wondering what’s the next step to get more information or how they can work with you.
Creating a compelling lead magnet that addresses a specific problem or provides valuable information to your target audience is a big part of running a successful coaching business. You absolutely need a way of building an email list of ideal customer subscribers and when the people on your email list are a perfect fit for your program you’ll find it much easier to enroll them into your program whenever you are launching.
Your lead magnet could be in the form of an PDF guide, a cheat sheet, a checklist, a template, a video tutorial, a mini-course, or any other form of digital content. As long as it’s considered a helpful piece of content, no matter which format you choose, you’ll be building your email list with the right people.
Here are the 5 vital elements that every high-converting freebie must have.
1. Compelling Title – This means that the title is niche specific and grabs the attention of your dream client. For example:
Not specific: 5 Foods Every Woman Over 50 Should Eat
That title is pretty generic. Other than it’s for women over 50 it really doesn’t give much information who it’s for or who it will help
Instead, if the title was: 5 Foods Women Over 50 Need to Eat Daily to Prevent Hot Flashes & Reduce Belly Bloat, you know exactly who it’s designed to help.
This title is a lot more specific and an easy “yes, that’s for me”, or “no, that’s not for me” scenario as you promote the freebie on social media.
2. Bio at the end
We’ve noticed that coaches often want to make their bio the first thing their new subscriber sees as they go through the new resource they just got access to. Here’s the deal, your new subscriber is more interested in the content you promised them than they are your credentials and personal story. There is a time and place for that information which is at the very end of the freebie on the last page.
The bio should include a little information about you, 2-3 short paragraphs, along with a call to action and a headshot of you,. In this case the call to action could include a recommendation about how to implement what they’ve learned in the freebie as well as next steps to get to know you better, such as follow me on social, join my FB group, or visit my website for more great info.
3. Education/Information (but not too much) – Think of your freebie as a way to educate or inspire with practical solutions, actionable steps, or insights that they can implement to achieve their goals or overcome challenges, however, it’s important not to give so much information that they feel like they are good to go and don’t need to know anything else or the information feel overwhelming.
As you create your lead magnet, a good rule of thumb is to keep asking yourself this question about each piece of information you include, “Does my new subscriber really need to know this information to have success with this resource?”
A great example of this, and one we’ve seen many times, is that coaches want to give way too much background information and then it feels like a science lesson vs. helpful and informative. Your new subscriber wants the crib notes version or the shortcut to get results. Only share what they need to get a quick win vs. all the background info. They aren’t the coach, you are, and they don’t need all the details.
4. Something easy to implement so they feel like they are making progress
This step is really important in the overall scope of your new subscriber feeling like this resource is valuable. Of course, they are going to want to take action or implement something to see if what you teach works so include a small step that they can take to get a small result. You’re not trying to fix the big problem with this one resource, rather giving them hope about what’s possible for them.
5. Next steps to work with you – discovery call or link to paid program
Some of your new subscribers will be satisfied with the information that they just received and take the slow approach to implementation. Then there will be other subscribers that are excited, inspired, and ready to take action so it’s up to you to be specific as to their next step as we mentioned before.
It’s perfectly reasonable to include a link to your paid program so they can check it out or better yet, give instructions about how to book a discovery call with you so you can have a personalized conversation with them. There will absolutely be people that want to discuss your program and your coaching services with you and will book a call with you immediately.
Save this post and refer back to it when you are ready to create your own irresistible free offer and let me know how it goes!