Marketing Your Health Coaching Business on Social Media in 2022
If you’re using social media for your business, you’ve likely noticed some pretty big shifts last year with your ability to reach your dream clients.
It can be a lot to keep track of changes and what’s working right now on Facebook and Instagram, but we’re breaking it down and simplifying things for you with two key strategies you want to be sure to incorporate for 2022.
On this episode of The Wellness Business Podcast, you’ll discover:
- The two most impactful social media marketing tools you must be using this year to get results, (this information is straight from Facebook and Instagram headquarters)
- A simple way to get started using video that will make you feel more confident (no more stage fright)
- The power of a Facebook group as part of your customer journey and why the latest tools being added make them even more exciting
- Why using video and groups will be a gamechanger for your business and how they will finally get you in front of your dream clients on social media
This episode is a must for any health coach wanting to grow their wellness business in 2022.
Let’s look at what is working right now on Facebook and Instagram for your organic client attraction and client enrollment strategies.
Live video and Facebook groups.
We’re going to dive into each of these strategies individually to share why we feel so strongly about these two tools and why, if you’re a health coach trying to get clients through Facebook and Instagram, you absolutely without a doubt need to incorporate these 2 strategies into your plan for 2022.
Let’s start with live video.
Here are a few staggering stats to substantiate our position.
- Every day there is 100 million hours of video watched on Facebook
- There’s been an 80% increase in time spent watching video on Instagram, year over year since it was introduced in 2013
- More than 500 million people interact with Instagram Stories every day
- Facebook Live videos produce 6 times as many interactions as traditional videos
What that tells us is, whether you love it or not, your ideal clients want to interact with you through video. They 100% prefer this type of content over any other type of content on Facebook and Instagram and if you’re not showing up in this way you are going to be left behind.
A while back we did an episode on the podcast called: How to Conquer Your Fear of Live Video. It’s episode 171. If fear is holding you back, then now is the perfect time to listen in because video is here to stay.
Also, Karen has a Livestream Video Checklist that will help you feel more prepared before you hit the ‘go live’ button. We’ll link it up at the bottom of this post.
One of the easiest ways to dip your toe into the world of video is to do daily stories on Instagram and/or Facebook. They are quick because each clip is just 15 seconds long and they only last for 24 hours which means if you don’t love it you know it’ll disappear soon. You can do as many consecutive 15 second clips as you would like.
In doing research for this episode, we found a recent article that reported that How-To tutorials are the most popular form of Instagram video content, followed by behind-the-scenes, interviews, and news coverage. So, if you’re wondering what to talk about in your stories try how-to’s, demos, and behind-the scenes in your life and business.
Now let’s talk about the importance of having a Facebook group as part of your client journey.
When done correctly, a Facebook group can quickly become a community of your loyal fans that are warmed up to your programs and offers.
Let’s talk about some of the benefits of creating your own group:
1) With the ever-changing Facebook algorithm that determines what is placed in people’s newsfeed, it is exciting to know that each post inside your Facebook group gets increased organic reach for your group members. This can be especially helpful if you fear your posts aren’t getting the exposure they deserve on your business Facebook page.
2) More than 1.8 billion people are using Facebook Groups every month
3) As recent as November 2021 Facebook Announced New Groups Tools at Its 2021 Communities Summit. Things like…
- New custom color and post background options for groups
- Admins will also now be able to select the emoji defaults that users respond with in their group
- Admins will also now be able to utilize feature sets to select preset collections of post formats and badges
- They have also added an automated greeting message option, enabling group managers to outline key rules and guidelines for new members.
- And, Facebook has officially announced its new Community Awards, which enable group members to allocate ‘Insightful’, ‘Uplifting’ or ‘Fun’ markers to posts and comments that they find valuable in the group.
And the list goes on.
When regular post reach on Facebook is down to an all-time low, Facebook has made it clear that for the foreseeable future they are putting a lot of their eggs in the ‘groups’ basket.
As online marketing continues to change and evolve it’s important to stay up-to-speed on which tools are being prioritized and which are now considered old school. We have to follow the trends that are proving to work, and in this case, we have Facebook and Instagram telling us exactly where to prioritize our efforts.
In 2022 we too are going all in on video and groups because we know that is where we’ll see the best results. If you focus on these two options as your top marketing strategies, you are going to see better results.
Want to learn more about each of these key strategies?
Kathleen will be launching a brand new two-part live workshop series called Group Accelerator, that will teach you how to grow a Facebook group full of your ideal clients and turn them into paying customers. Scroll down to get on the VIP wait list to be notified when enrollment opens next month.
Karen will be running her Social Video Advantage program again in 2022. This program is designed to teach you how to show up and feel more confident on video. To be added to her VIP waitlist, scroll down to the links below, or go to SocialVideoAdvantage.com.
Links to Resources: