Webinars are still a hot topic, and a phenomenal marketing tool for your business, so if you’ve been thinking about doing them, this post is coming along at the PERFECT time for you!
My guest today is not only one of my dearest friends, but she’s also an unbelievable online marketing super star that ROCKS at webinars. I have learned so much from her over the years (as a coaching client of hers, and as a student of her courses that teach the ins and outs of online marketing and webinars).
So, when I say you’re in for a real treat, I’m not kidding!
Karen Pattock is going to break things down for you, and share her 2-Step Formula that GUARANTEES you’ll have people signing up AND showing up for your webinars!
Have you ever wondered what the most important steps are to SUCCESSFULLY HOST a webinar that ends with you making lots of sales of your programs or services?
If you’ve ever done a webinar, or thought about doing a webinar, you know that there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes.
One of the stumbling blocks for most health coaches and fitness professionals that consider hosting a webinar is the fear that no one will sign up.
However, with a little careful planning and one simple webinar formula, that fear can be squashed with a flood of webinar registrations.
There are really ONLY 2 STEPS that truly matter in hosting a webinar.
These two steps are more important than any of the other steps and without giving them your full attention it’s almost certain that your webinar will feel like a disappointment.
Successfully navigating these two steps, as I’ll share in this article, will certainly help everything else become 100% easier.
Wondering what they are?
Let’s dive in…
STEP #1: Get enough people to register for your webinar to hit your target sales goal
This may sound elementary in nature but hear me out.
Most of the clients I work with decide to do a webinar, promote it a little bit to their list and on social media, get a small number of people to register, deliver the webinar and then can’t figure out why they didn’t make many sales.
The truth of the matter is you need to know your numbers, (which is something I’ll be diving into with a simple ‘webinar sales formula’ in my upcoming Webinar Profits Now program).
To figure out what your numbers need to be you have to ask yourself a series of questions.
- What’s my sales goal? (On average, you can count on 10% of total webinar registrants to purchase your offer).
- How many people need to purchase my program or service to reach the goal? (On average, you can count on a total of 15-20% that attend live to purchase)
- How many people need to attend live to make that many sales? (On average, 40-50% show up live, but this can be as low as 20-30%)
- How many people need to register to get that many people to attend live?
- How much advertising do I need to do to get that many people to register?
This specific webinar sales formula is a form of reverse engineering your entire webinar campaign strategy. It starts with your end goal of ‘total sales’ and keeps stepping back to the beginning letting you know exactly what you need to accomplish.
Industry averages go a long way in telling you exactly what you need to do to accomplish your sales goals.
Taking the time to do the calculations to answer these questions will be the difference between a webinar that generates sales in the amount of your goal vs. not.
STEP #2: Get people to attend your webinar LIVE
Your first goal needs to be knowing the number of registrations you need to get to meet your ultimate sales goal as we just discussed in STEP #1.
Your second goal is to get as many of those that registered for your webinar to show up live.
Because the #1 reason webinars work so well to make sales is because the person attending gets emotionally wrapped up in your presentation, your solution, your program.
They are encouraged, inspired and empowered.
They take action by pulling out their credit card to purchase.
That’s the power of live attendance.
Once you get someone to register for your webinar your next job is to nurture them to get them excited about attending live with a simple onboarding email sequence.
Here’s an example of what an onboarding email sequence might look like…
- It starts with a registration confirmation email, (EX: Congratulations you have a seat!)
- Next you send them an email that gives them a link to a worksheet or workbook for the webinar, which encourages them to pay attention and engage during the webinar
- The next email gives them a 24-hour reminder notice
- The final email reminds them that the webinar starts in a few hours and gives them the link to the webinar workbook again
The contents of these emails can also offer cool bonuses or insider information to make your attendees feel special.
- Tell them about a special timely bonus they will receive for attending live
- Share additional tips, strategies, facts and statistics to support your overall webinar promise
- Send links to articles or blog posts that you’ve written that share supporting information around your webinar topic
Prioritizing these 2 steps along with a well thought out marketing schedule will virtually guarantee maximum registrations and attendance.
As more and more people are communicating and sharing information online through mobile devices it’s the perfect time for you to educate yourself on how to design, market and deliver the perfect webinar to get more clients in 2017.
I’ll be doing a deep “how-to” dive into each of these steps in my recently updated Webinar Profits Now program.
If you want to learn the right way to create, promote and deliver webinars that are a hit with your audience, be sure to check it out.
You can check out all of the details by CLICKING HERE
This is the year of webinar. It’s time you jumped on board.